Gastritis is defined as the inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach. This may be caused due to various reasons and the condition has become rampant with today’s stressful and modernized life.
Any factor that injures the wall (protective lining) of stomach provokes infection.Most commonly Bacterial H-Pylori (Helicobacter Pylori) and occasionally due to Fungal, parasitic or viral infection.
• Drugs: NSAIDs, Steroid, Aspirin, etc.
• Too much alcohol consumption
• Backflow of bile into the stomach (Bile reflux)
• Excess of spicy foods
• Gastritis usually causes pain and/or burning in the upper abdomen or burning pain in the chest region
• Loss of appetite or a sensation of fullness after a few mouthfuls
• Gastritis can lead to belching (burps), nausea, vomiting, etc. The condition is more commonly seen in middle-aged and elderly people though even youngsters are facing it these days.
• Pain in the upper mid abdomen caused due to burning, aching or gnawing in nature, fullness or distension of the stomach, nausea, vomiting, belching, loss of appetite and anemia.
1. Arsenic Album – for Burning Pain in the Stomach
Arsenic Album is accepted as one of the top homeopathic medicines for gastritis. It does work well when there is much burning pain in the stomach on account of gastritis. Acidic as well as cold things worsen the pain and burning. Other accompanying symptoms are weakness, exhaustion, weight loss, and intense anxiety.
2. Argentum Nitricum – for Chronic Alcohol Intake
Argentum Nitricum is the very good homeopathic treatment for gastritis. It does help persons who suffer from gastritis that is caused by chronic alcohol intake. The pain can indeed be gnawing, burning or constricting in nature. One also belches a lot. Argentum Nitricum is also used to treat ulcers in one’s stomach.
3. Phosphorus – Homeopathic Medicine for Gastritis Accompanied by Nausea and Vomiting
Phosphorus is a rather an excellent homeopathic treatment for gastritis. Gastritis is accompanied by nausea and vomiting and is the main symptoms of the use of Phosphorus. The patient tends to throw up food by the mouthful. One suffers from constant nausea as well as soreness in the pit of one’s stomach. One also experiences water brash and heartburn. Some patients do complain of bitter or sour belching.
4. Lycopodium – Homeopathic Medicine for Gastritis When Fullness or Distension is a Prominent Symptom
Lycopodium is a popular homeopathic medicine for gastritis in cases where the fullness of the abdomen is a leading symptom. Eating small portions of food can also cause fullness as well as distension of the stomach. Along with fullness, there is indeed a gnawing, burning or constrictive pain in the stomach. The pain may also get better on rubbing. Nausea, as well as sour belching, can also occur. In certain cases, one suffers from vomiting of food and bile. One also experiences loss of appetite.
5. Bismuth – Homeopathic Medicine When Cold Drinks Relieve the Symptoms
Bismuth is also a popular homeopathic medicine for gastritis. It provides much relief from the symptoms. The burning in the stomach is relieved by drinking something cold. There is also a pain in the area around one’s stomach. Bending backward it does bring a little relief to the pain. Along with the pain, there is also a sensation of pressure as well as heavy load on one’s stomach. There is also an inability to retain fluids in the stomach. Fluid is vomited as soon as it reaches the stomach. Along with this, vertigo and weakness also do arise.