Pcod is one of the most common endocrine disorders in females now days. It affecting around 20. /. Of women in their reproductive age (14-40yr), produces symptoms in app 5. /. To 10. /. Of women. Pcod is one of the leading causes for fertility problems in women.
The term “pcod” describes ovaries that contain may small cysts. Usually not bigger than 8mm each, located just below the surface of the ovaries. These cysts as egg containing follicles that have not developed properly due to hormonal abnormalities, mainly hypothalamic pituitary ovaries (hpo)axis abnormality. Women with pcod have abnormalities in the metabolism of androgens and estrogen and in the control of androgen production.
- Pcod is a heterogeneous disorder of uncertain etiology
- Genetic disease.
- Obesity, stressful like style, dietary habits.
Signs and symptoms:
The major features of pcod include.
*menstrual dysfunction an ovulation and signs of hyperandrogenism.
Other symptoms may include the following.
- Irregular menstrual period (amenorrhoea).
- *infertility, recurrent miscarriages, delayed pregnancies.
- Obesity, diabetics.
- Unwanted facial (or body hair, hirsutism)
- Depression and mood changes.
- Oily skin ,acne (pimples),hair loss from scalp
- Blackish discoloration of neck
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Usg-looking for small follicles.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy.
- Blood test to know secrum prolactin insulin levels, hormone levels of tsh,lh.fsh
- Physical examination: to know virilizing signs.
Pcod is treatable in homeopathy .homeopathic medicine has good remedies that can help in improving the production of hormones. Constitutional treatment is needed in pcod cases. Commonly used puls, apis, nat mar etc.