As per the American foundation of Arthritis Survey, 4 out of 10 people suffer from Joint pains. One of the reasons for arthritis is “Osteo arthritis”. This can happen to anyone at any age. It may appear without symptoms between 30 and 40 yrs of age and is present in almost every one by the age of 50’s.
“Osteoarthritis” is also called as degeneration joint disease. It is a slowly progressive muscular skeletal disorder that typically affects the joints of the hand, spine, and weight bearing joints (hips, knee) of the lower extremities. Joint pain and loss of function are due to defects in particular and underlying bone.
The cartilage of affected joint is roughered and becomes worn out. And bone rubs on bone.Bony spurns usually develop around the joint.
- For most people, the cause of “OA” is unknown, but metabolic, genetic, chemical, and mechanical factors play a role in its development.
- Excessive loads on normal joints or normal loads on abnormal joints causes ”OA”.
- Trauma to the joints, obesity, occupational over use etc.
The joints of hands, fingers, hips, knees, big to and cervical, lumbar spine are commonly affected.
- Graded onset of deep achieving joint pain which is worsened by movement, relieved by rest.
- Swelling in the joints.
- Morning stiffness
- Pain in the joints with crackling noise during movement.
- Joint pain in rainy weather.
- Abnormal growth of bony knobs near joints causing deformities’.
X-RAY, CT SCAN, MRI. To know degenerative changes.
The goals of treatment are to relieve pain, maintain joint mobility. Homeopathy treats the diseased as well as the disease by strengthening the joint, building up immunity and there by improve the regular joint pain.