Gastritis occurs when the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed or swollen. It can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic). Gastritis which lasts for only a short time called acute gastritis. Gastritis which lasts for months to years called chronic gastritis.
Gastritis is more commonly seen in middle aged and elderly people but nowadays youth also facing this problem. Gastritis affects an alarmingly large number of people. This is largely due to its multiple causes ranging from stress to infection, to a poor diet, and even pharmaceutical medications
- Infection of the stomach with a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori
- Backflow of bile into the stomach
- Eating or drinking caustic or corrosive substances
- Extreme stress
- Infections caused by bacteria and viruses
- Abdominal pain, Indigestion
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bloody bowel movements or dark, sticky, very foul-smelling bowel movements
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Pallor, sweating, and rapid (or “racing”) heart beat.
Complete blood count (CBC), H pylori tests, fecal occult blood test (stool test), and Upper endoscopy, Biopsy
In homeopathy we have good remedies especially for Gastritis. Homeopathy helps to reduce the nausea , burning , belching and symptoms associated with the Illness. Treating Gastritis with homeopathy all of the side-effects can be avoided and Gastritis symptoms are far more likely to reduce over time and clear completely
Remedies like Nux Vomica, Pulsatilla, Lycopodium, Carbo vegetabilis, China officinalis, Phosphorus, Bismuth, Arsenic Album, and Argentum Nitricum etc will help to treat this disease.