Freckles can be annoying as they affect one’s looks. Both children as well adults suffer from it and women who are beauty conscious like to get rid of them.
Ephelides: This involves flat spots that happen to be red in color or even light brown and appear during summers and go away in winter.
Lentigo: Children tend to develop a small tan or brown or black spots which tend to get darker than the ephelides freckles and do not fade away in winter.
- Sun exposure causes freckles. They fade away when sun exposure is less.
- Melanin formation in one place can form freckles as well.
- Genetic factor is also there.
- Hormone abnormalities do cause freckles as estrogen over stimulates pigment formation.
- Fair skin also leads to freckles as less melanin formation means less absorption of UV light.
- Small tanned macules form in the form of simple ephelides or freckles
- Appear on the sun-exposed areas such as the nose, cheeks,
shoulders as well as the upper part of the body.
- The macules can be discrete or confluent.
- Dark and have irregular borders and are as large as few centimeters.
Homeopathy can control the excessive formation of melanin and the slowly the darker spots become lighter. The discoloration stops.
Freckles are yellowish or brownish pigmentations which appear on one’s exposed parts of the skin, especially in persons of light complexion. The pigmentation increases in number on exposure to the sun.
- Badiaga (Thrice a day): Helps treat freckles on the skin anywhere.
- Caulophyllum (Thrice a day): It cures discoloration of one’s skin of the face in women who are suffering from menstrual as well as uterine disorders.
- Cimicifuga (Thrice a day): One suffers from facial blemishes among young women.
- Kalium carb. (Thrice a day): This helps treat discoloration of one’s skin of the face especially after one has a child or there is the loss of vital fluids.
- Lycopodium (Thrice a day): It helps cure freckles that become worse on the left side of one’s face and nose.
- Natrum carb. (Thrice a day): Helps in treating yellow spots on one’s face. As well as blue ring appearing around one’s eyes.
- Natrium hyposulphite. Q (Twice a day): One can use this locally as internally for removing of yellow as well as brown spots.
- Sepia 1OM (One does only): This treats yellow blotches on one’s face. It helps cure yellow about the mouth as well as saddle-like brownish distribution on the nose as well as one’s cheeks. There are circumscribed discolored skin spots among young women.
- Thuja Occ. ( Twice day) It treats dry skin and circumscribed brown spots on one’s face as well as elsewhere on one’s skin.
- Vanadium 6 (Thrice a day) This treats black freckles which appear on one’s head and nose on account of hypertension as well as weight loss.