Autism is a brain disorder that often makes it hard to communicate with and relate to others. With autism, the different areas of the brain fail to work together. Autism is a disorder in which children have impaired or poor communication and social skills. It usually becomes apparent within first three years of life but some mild cases get diagnosed during early schooling.
Autism a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts. Many persons with autism have additional medical conditions such as sleep disturbance, seizures, and gastrointestinal (GI) distress.
Today, according to Autism Speaks, an organization dedicated to autism, one in every 110 children is diagnosed with autism. Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism. It is estimated that there are 20 lakh (2 million) individuals in India suffering from Autism/ASD using the extrapolated prevalence figures of 1/250 to 1/500.
Causes for Autism
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors
- Intake of some drugs, medicines during pregnancy
- Metabolic imbalance
- Some Vaccinations
- Rubella (German measles) in the pregnant mother
- Viruses or chemicals, or a lack of oxygen at birth.
Symptoms of Autism
- Difficulty understanding the rules of conversation.
- Unaware of/disinterested in what is going on around them.
- Talks excessively about one or two topics.
- Seems unable to understand another’s feelings.
- Difficulty transitioning from one activity to another in school.
- Awkwardness, or delayed development of fine and gross motor skills;
- Flat or high-pitched speech
- Repetition of words and phrases
Investigations for Autism
Hearing tests, electroencephalograph (EEG), MRI
Homeopathy Treatment for Autism
The Homeopathy treatment for Autism includes full case history of your child i.e., includes your child’s current medical complaints, their onset, modalities, past medical history, mother’s history during pregnancy, family history, exploration of any stress points or causes for current illness, and a detail assessment of your child’s mental and emotional makeup. If treatment begins early — especially before age 5 — there really is the potential for complete recovery. The homeopathy remedies used for Autism are Agaricus, Androctonus, Carcinosin, Thuja, Saccharum Officianale, Helleborus & Cuprum Metallicum etc.