Aplastic anemia is a rare, potentially fatal disease in which the bone marrow doesn’t make enough blood cells. Aplastic anemia is a mortal disease where the mortality rate is more than 70%.The bone marrow is the central portion of the bones that is responsible for making:
- Red blood cells, which carry oxygen
- White blood cells, which fight infection
- Platelets, which help blood to clot
People with aplastic anemia have low levels of all three types of blood cells that are normally manufactured in the bone marrow. aplastic anemia is a problem with cells in the bone marrow called stem cells. Stem cells are the basic “mother cells” that develop into the three types of blood cells. In 50% to 65% of patients with aplastic anemia, the cause of the illness is not clear. The disease affects one of every 25,000 to 40,000 of those who are treated with the medication chloramphenicol, but it is much rarer in people treated with other drugs.
Patients with severe, chronic aplastic anemia that does not respond to available treatments have an 80% chance of dying within 18 to 24 months. Although this disease is seen mostly in people in their teens and twenties, it is being seen in people of all other age groups also.
Causes of Aplastic Anemia
- history of specific infectious diseases such as infectious hepatitis
- exposure to certain toxins such as heavy metals
- history of an autoimmune disease inherited condition
- exposure to certain chemicals, drugs, radiation
- hereditary disease
Symptoms of Aplastic Anemia
- Pale skin & Fatigue
- Weakness, Dizziness, and Lightheadedness
- Bruising and tiny areas of bleeding in the skin
- Abnormal bleeding from the gums, nose, vagina or gastrointestinal tract, or blood in the urine
Investigations for Aplastic Anemia
Blood tests, bone marrow biopsy, chest X-rays, liver tests,
Homeopathy Treatment for Aplastic Anemia
Homeopathic aplastic anemia treatments are found to be more effective in many cases. Homeopathy is mainly treating the cause of the disease, and hence, it is finding to be more effective. The most effective treatment of Aplastic Anemia is constitutional homeopathic treatment. Constitutional Homeopathic treatment will stimulate the active part of the bone marrow and can stimulate the production of WBC’s and RBC’s for normal operation of the body. Homeopathic medicines help in maintaining the normal range of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Homeopathic medicines for aplastic anemia are Aletris Farinosa, Calcarea carbonica, Ferrum metallicum, Helonias, Natrum muriaticum, & Pulsatilla etc.