Acanthosis nigricans is a skin disorder that results in velvety, light-brown-to-black markings that occur in areas including the neck, armpits, groin, and under the breasts. The affected skin can become thickened. The skin changes of acanthosis nigricans typically occur in people who are obese or have diabetes.
Rarely, acanthosis nigricans can be a warning sign of a cancerous tumor in an internal organ, such as the stomach or liver.
- Acanthosis nigricans often occurs in people who have disorders such as ovarian cysts, underactive thyroids or problems with the adrenal glands.
- High-dose niacin, birth control pills, prednisone and other supplements.
- Obesity, hypothyroidism, and PCOD.
- Too high insulin level
- Thickened brown velvety textured patches of skin
- Possible itching
- Thickened, brownish-grey or black patches of skin
- Sometimes the lips, palms or soles of the feet are affected as well
Blood tests, X-rays, endoscopy
Treatment for acanthosis nigricans aims to correct the underlying cause of your symptoms. Homeopathy can help in regaining normal skin texture. Homeopathy treatment balances the energy system, improves immunity and body functions. It naturally cures the root cause of the disorder. Homoeopathic medicines are safe, gentle and effective to give relief in a harmless way. Homeopathic medicines have better remedies to treat acanthosis nigricans they are Ars Alba, Conium, Nux Vomica, & Thuja etc.